Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Seven

Today my girl is 7!
Photobucket
We already had her birthday party with friends a few weeks ago. Today we will celebrate Emily with just family.

I've filled the day with all her favorite things. It's appropriate that she has school today as she loves school. David made her pea soup last night for her lunch, one of her favorites. I brought Ding Dongs into her class for a treat. Tonight, she has drama class which she is really enjoying. I'm making her a pumpkin roll for her birthday cake. It's a total pain in the butt, but she's worth it and it's what she wants. She also requested her favorite meal, a roast with carrots and mashed potatoes with rolls. She is a different girl, and I love that about her. I'm sure we'll end the evening at the pool as she likes to go every chance she gets.

She's at a sweet age. She is growing up and gaining independence, yet she still cries at the thought of ever leaving home. We tell her she can live with us forever. She likes that. Time is moving by so quickly and she is growing up into such a beautiful girl. I'm so proud of her.

3 comments:

Linda said...

❀✿ Happy Birthday, Emily! ❀✿

I love that name, by the way, but I know I've said that before. :) Hope she has a really wonderful celebration; I know she will with all the special things you do to make it so.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh my I have been thinking of her all day, and remembering that night around 11 pm when David called to let me hear my 1st grandchild crying. It makes me get all emotional just to remember it, but I have thought of it at least a dozen times today. That along with remembering my Mom on the weekend had made for a very emotional last few days. Of course I'm not even mentioning Forrest as he was also in my thoughts as I watched a very touching movie I think it was called A Dog's Year or something like that which reminded me of how he came into your lives.
BUT, TODAY IS A DAY OF HAPPINESS! Emily is definitly a lucky girl to have all those special things she likes and will receive from her family today. I hope you all have a great day and give her a special hug and kiss from Grammie and Grampie.
♥ ♪ Happy Birthday to Emily♪♥
Love,
G.

Pam said...

Sounds like a fun day! Happy birthday, Emily! You are such a super fun and sweet girl. Love you bunches!