Friday, August 5, 2011

Let's Get This Party Started

The kids love when my Mom comes to visit, Emily especially. She has a captive audience at all times which is exactly how she likes it. My Mom is a night owl and often stays up late. On occasion, Emily will get to sleep with Granny. They watch TV, play games and color. They have a great time.

Last year on one of those nights, David and I had gone to bed. I forgot to tell my Mom something, so I started to walk back to her room. Emily and her were sitting on the bed getting ready to play a game and I hear Emily say, "Let's get this party started!" I couldn't help but crack up.

My Mom officially moved in today. She's on a wait list at an apartment 5 miles away, so she could be with us for up to a year. We are all happy to have my Mom here. She's already started playing water games outside with the kids.
Photobucket
But nobody is more happy than Emily. She is really going to enjoy this time with my Mom. As we were moving her stuff into the house, Emily found some of my Mom's wigs.
Photobucket
The party has officially started.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love the wigs! :D

Hope you have a great time with your Mom being there and that she finds a wonderful apartment as well.

Have a great weekend,
Linda