Monday, July 18, 2011

We Finally Did It

All summer long, we go to the community pool at our clubhouse. The kids love it. We all do. Sure, I could do without the crowds and strangers, but for the most part, the people there have become friends. Well, maybe not friends, but we are all friendly and it kind of makes it even more fun.

The clubhouse also has barbecue grills and lots of outdoor seating. We've talked about bringing food and having a cookout for years, but we've never done it. Last night, we finally did and our friends joined us. We had a great time.

First we swam. Emily was teaching her doll how to float. Just when I think she is growing up on me, she wants to bring a doll to the pool. Love it!

David and Ben wrestle the whole time in the water. Ben has become such a good swimmer in a month.

We kept it simple with hot dogs, chips and fruit. The kids were toasting to summer.

This little man had chips for dinner. He still won't eat anything.

I don't know why we didn't do this sooner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all! Not sure why I didn't see the adults chowing down on the hot dogs , but the kids seemed to be enjoying their time together. ☼

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh that last post was from me. Sorry I clicked too soon. ☼
Love,
G.

brownymama said...

Ahhh the memories. (: By the way... you look like a bone!

Linda said...

When I saw the heading and started reading the first paragraph, I thought you were going to say "We bought a pool". LOL :)

This looks like a great outing and I of course, loved the "toast to the summer" and you look so pretty as always.