Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Piano Cake and Cowboy

Emily's piano teacher is one of our good friends. It makes it nice that she is learning from someone we already know and trust. To keep piano fun and the girls interested, Mrs. Stacy had her three students over to make piano cakes. We are all good friends, so it was a giant fun play date.

Emily took her job of placing the black keys (kit kats) very seriously. Notice her tongue out. This is becoming more and more of a habit.

Here's the finished product. They tasted as good as they looked.

Caleb and Ben are best buds and they got to have some cake too. Ben is so good about wearing his eye patch everyday. He maybe complains about it for 5 seconds if at all. Then, he (and us) forgets about it. Most days, I go over the 5 hours because I forget to take it off and he never says anything.

And this little guy is turning into a cowboy. Every morning, he screams until I put him on the rocking horse and he starts bouncing away.

He even knows to pat the horses belly so that I'll know to turn on the music. If I hear "give me a home where the buffalo roam" one more time, I may just lose it.

But that smile makes it all worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the neat ideas that Ms. Stacey comes up with for the kids. Who wouldn't love the cake as a dessert afterwards? Even the boys got to enjoy the event.As for Noah on the horse, that is too cute and glad that he is enjoying himself and the music even if it does drive Mama a little crazy at times.
Don't forget Grampie is waiting for more Emily playing her latest concerto video. He remonds me to check almost daily or should I say hourly? ☼
Love,
G.

Linda said...

Great pictures and wonderful piano cakes. How fun :)