Monday, July 4, 2011

Idaho - Day 3

This is actually from last night when my Dad was so excited to watch Mighty Joe Young with my sons. The kids were only interested for a few minutes, but it was neat to watch anyway.
This morning, David and I took Em and Ben out in the canoe. Noah was sleeping. Canoes are tricky. I swore we were going to tip. I did not bring my camera. We did not tip over, but we did give my Dad a good laugh. While Emily was on the canoe, she asked me what we were doing. I said, "enjoying the peace and quiet". To which she replied, "peace and quiet can be boring. I want to go on the jet ski!" That's my girl.

The kids are loving going in the water. They are picking up tiny fish and calling them tadpoles. They aren't even freezing. They are just having fun. Emily has spent all day yesterday and today in her bathing suit. The little girls next door are just visiting for the holiday.
David got a bicep working getting the kids in and out of the lake.
Ben played the three (or four rather) little pigs with the girls and he was the big bad wolf. He recited all the lines and blew down their house.
Noah got his first ride on the jet ski. David putted around slowly, and Noah had a great time.
Last night, we were treated to lots of fireworks courtesy of the neighbors. And I'm sure we are in for more tonight. It doesn't get dark here until about 10:00, so it's a late night show. Luckily, Noah slept through all of it last night in his own pack and play. Yes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I see Ben does not travel without costume.It really looks like everyone is having such a good time. Noah seems to be having a good visit and enjoying himself with modifications of course.He is finally coming into his own and looks like he might even be sprouting a few red hairs in the process.( at least that is his
Grampies observation)Emily of course was probably in heaven having other little kids to boss around. I'm sure she was the organizer of any activity that she was part of.
The days are going by far too quickly for you guys, I'm sure.But, continue having a great time. Thanks for keeping us updated. ☼
Love,
G.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I see Ben does not travel without costume.It really looks like everyone is having such a good time. Noah seems to be having a good visit and enjoying himself with modifications of course.He is finally coming into his own and looks like he might even be sprouting a few red hairs in the process.( at least that is his
Grampies observation)Emily of course was probably in heaven having other little kids to boss around. I'm sure she was the organizer of any activity that she was part of.
The days are going by far too quickly for you guys, I'm sure.But, continue having a great time. Thanks for keeping us updated. ☼
Love,
G.

Anonymous said...

Not sure why my comment posted twice. It certainly was not of any special importance.!!! ☼
G.