Saturday, July 23, 2011

Flashback Friday (er...Saturday)

I was so impressed with Noah's Picasso Potato Head yesterday that I forgot to do a Flashback Friday post.

Today I grabbed a CD of photos from before we had kids. This disc is very special to me as I thought at one point that everything on it was wiped out. We put it in the computer a few years ago and it was blank. All my honeymoon pictures, our trip to Canada to meet David's Grandmother (who has now passed), I was devastated that we lost all of these special memories. Then, we put the disc in our new computer and the pictures were there. I was ecstatic.

These are photos from our weddingmoon. That's what they call it when you combine a wedding with your honeymoon. We went to the Caribbean, St Lucia to be exact. We stayed at a gorgeous Sandals resort. It's one of those all inclusive deals which meant lots of drinks, food and fun. Eat, drink and be merry was the theme for the 10 days that we were there.

I had traveled quite a bit through the States in my 20's. But, I'll never forget the first time we walked through the lobby and saw the view of the ocean. It was so blue, the sand so white, the trees and grass so green. It was perfect. We were greeted with cold wet towels to help with the heat and a beverage from the bar.

We'd play on the beach during the day and go to one of the many restaurants at the resort at night. Never a dull moment.

Some days we did off site excursions. This was a bike ride through the jungle.

We also went horseback riding on the beach. Riding bareback on a horse while waves are crashing into your legs with your new spouse, seems like a fairytale, but David will tell you that it was one of the worst experiences of his life. His horse was bony and sway back and David almost didn't recover.

A month later, we were pregnant with Emily and life as we knew it was forever changed.

2 comments:

brownymama said...

Love it! We went to St. Lucia on a cruise a few years ago and would love to go back to stay for a week or so. It was so gorgeous! Lucky you for 10days! Hot mama in red!

Linda said...

This is great! To be able to view all of those old photos again and look back - and what a wonderful place to be married and spend a honeymoon. Jim and I never really had a honeymoon (a fact I never let him forget). We had family staying here at the house with us (Auntie Barb and Jim's Mom and the kids of course), so we had to be back. So, it was just a one-night trip to Jumer's in Bloomington - about an hour away. I've never been anywhere tropical outside of Florida. Maybe someday, but I fear we'll just be too old then to fully enjoy it.

Your pictures look great! :) Looking forward to seeing more from that collection.