Friday, June 24, 2011

Flashback Friday ~ Idaho

My new method for Flashback Friday (which I forgot last week) is to get the photo CD box and grab a CD at random. Whatever I click on when the disc loads is what I post.

We are leaving for Idaho in 8 days. I can hardly wait. How appropriate that today I grabbed a disc from 2006 and the first date I clicked on were photos from Idaho.

July, 2006 - Emily wasn't even 2 yet and Ben was 5 months. I remember our wild girl was up for anything. She wanted to ride the jet ski over and over. When she would get off, she tapped her fingertips together and said "more". Even though she could clearly say "more", she still did the sign language along with it. We taught all our kids a few signing words, but "more" was the only thing that caught on with all three of them.

Here's Emily and David on the pontoon boat, which has now been replaced with a bigger pontoon boat.

David and Ben after what was one of many rough nights. Ben had caught a cold or something and he slept every night in his car seat so that he was elevated. He was a cranky bugger on this trip.

Emily loved the trampoline. Ben couldn't even sit up yet.

It was so hot on this trip as evident by Emily not wearing a shirt in the first photo. My Dad and Suzy didn't have air conditioning in their cabin. We slept with the windows open and it was Fourth of July weekend. The neighbors were setting off fireworks until 3 in the morning. It was a long week with two little ones. I vowed I wouldn't go back during that paticular week, but times have changed. The cabin now has central air and the kids are older. They will think the fireworks are fun, not noisy and scary. At least that is my hope.

Here is our family in 2006.

A lot has changed since 2006, 2 kids out of diapers, a new home in a new town, another member of the family, but when we go back to Idaho it all feels the same. It feels like home.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hooray! I hope you have a great time and I loved seeing these flashbacks. :)

Holly and Bo said...

That's funny about Emily signing more as it's the sign Brayden still often uses too. Occasionally he will still use please and thank you but "more" is by far the most used.
Have a great time in Idaho!!

Linda said...

Just wondering where you've been. :) Guess you're getting ready for your trip, but I keep checking your blog.

Love, Linda