Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Graduate

Ben is officially a preschool graduate. The ceremony was Monday night.
He looked so handsome in his cap and gown.

Here are all three of the kids.

Emily wanted to take a photo of Ben and I. I realize that I'm in too few photos, so I obliged.

Then, we tried to get all serious looking at each other, but all we did was laugh.

And of course a kiss.

The proud parents and the graduate.

And of course, Emily needs a photo with her Daddy.

Here's Ben with his best buds.

The preschool does a great job with the ceremony. They sang a few songs. When I took the first video I thought for sure Ben was pointing to me when he was singing.

The second video confirms he was looking and pointing to me. I had Noah on my lap, so the video is a little shaky and I couldn't stop laughing when I realized he was singing to me. He's quite the romantic.

There was a slide show and Ben said he wanted to be a builder.

Which it now makes sense because about a month ago, he kept naming jobs that he wanted to be one day. An actor, a work man (construction worker) and a dancer. I figure he can try out for one of the Village People and have all three covered.

David and I were enjoying the ceremony and I realized I had no clue where Noah was. I looked over at Emily and she was holding him. She is such a great big sister.

Here's Ben walking across the stage to get his diploma.

Getting his diploma...

I was a little emotional that night. Sad to see my boy grow up and move on from preschool. But, today when I went to pick him up for the last time, I couldn't stop the tears. I got there a little early just to watch him play, which I often do. Him and his friend Caleb were running around in the sprinklers.

And he did one last Spiderman jump with his friend for good measure. This is something they did every day when they left school.

Next year will be a huge change for Ben. A new school and all of his best buds are going to other schools. I know he will make new friends and he'll love his new school, but part of me wishes he could stay in preschool forever.

2 comments:

Linda said...

We never did preschool so this is an entirely new concept for me, but the photos are so sweet and I loved reading about your thoughts. Yes, it is all very bittersweet. Sad and happy at the same time. Honestly, the other night I was thinking back on Sarah's life and I could barely remember how it was to have a little one. That is what made me cry, because I thought those days would seem so fresh in my mind forever, but they're not anymore, because we're so focused on the "NOW".

Just some silly words from someone with a 15 1/2 year old who is driving her Mom everywhere and sometimes is driving her.... crazy.
(I'll be glad when Finals are over!!)

Congratulations to Ben! :)
Love,
Linda

pam said...

Congrats, Benjamin!! He's such a sweet boy. Can't wait to see him and the rest of the fam this weekend!!! Yea!! Love you guys!