Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Character Counts

Most of the time, I feel as if I'm stumbling through parenthood, making things up as I go and second guessing myself and my decisions. Sometimes, I just close my eyes and shake my head ashamed after something slips out of my mouth or I blow up too quickly. I often feel that in addition to a college fund, my kids will need a therapy fund.

But every once in a while, I think maybe just maybe I'm not screwing up that badly. Yesterday, we went to Emily's school because she received a character counts award. Her teacher sent home an invitation for the assembly and wrote that Emily is receiving the award for showing good character in the areas of respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, citizenship and trustworthiness! And honestly, isn't that all you ever want your kids to be? Just good people.

She said she was nervous standing up on stage.

And she said her name and teacher nice and loud.
video
She took a picture with the school mascot, a coyote.

She is becoming such a confident little lady and I am so proud of her.
Maybe, just maybe, that therapy fund can go towards a used car instead.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Great job, Emily (and Mom & Dad!) :)