Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break Creativity

My kids have never uttered the words "I'm bored." Thank God because I used to say that all the time when I was a kid. As a parent, I'm sure it's annoying. Instead, my kids find something to do (or I'll give them a broom). Having the week off is forcing them to tap into their creative side. Even if it does mean segregating the house. Emily made this sign for one of our bathrooms.

I like the yellow sticky note, "you tank" instead of "thank you". You get the idea though. What I don't understand is "only girls. And my mommy". Am I not a girl? I'll try not to take offense. She even decorated the inside of the bathroom with stuffed animals.

She also coached her brother into making a sign for the other bathroom. This is supposed to say "Girls are not allowed."

I went through Ben's old clothes for Noah and pulled out lots of 18-24 month summer clothes since it's been so nice out. Figures the forecast is calling for snow on Monday. Ben has a hard time giving up some of his favorites like this spiderman shirt in a size 18 months. Ben is 5. Surprisingly it fit everywhere but in the length.

This morning when I got out of the shower, I was greeted by some ghosts.
video
One more day of Spring Break...I think I may actually survive.

1 comment:

Linda said...

How funny, loved the video! I was wondering what was going on with those drawers, lol.

I can't wait until spring break as we're taking a vacation then - heading to the seashore (Gulf Shores). Just one more week until ours begins. :)