Thursday, March 24, 2011

Raves

Every once in awhile, I like to post some of my new favorite things. I don't go all Oprah on you and start giving away pashmina scarves and new cars, but if you are unsure of trying something, maybe my review will sway you.
**************

It's no surprise to anyone that I'm now a couponer. I follow several blogs a day to find deals and sign up for samples left and right. I received a sample of Purex Crystals Softener. It's fabric softener in a crystal form. Now, I typically don't use fabric softener. I used one ages ago and it stained all of my clothes blue. Well this new product is awesome because it is the form of crystals and you drop some in the wash when you start it up. Piece of cake. And they smell heavenly. This is something that I will buy. And even better, they have coupons out in the Sunday paper all the time. Pair that with a sale and you've got a great deal and great smelling clothes.

And since I'm raving on Purex right now, I'll just continue. I bought these Purex Complete 3 in 1 sheets. They are the laundry detergent, softener and dryer sheet all in one. Pretty nifty. Again, they smell awesome and they do a great job. They look like a thick dryer sheet when you put them in your washer. When we go on vacation next month, we are renting a condo with a washer and dryer. Instead of arriving in Orlando and having to buy detergent and dryer sheets, I'm packing 5 of these in my suitcase. They weigh practically nothing and I'll be saving some money. And you know how I love to save money.
***************
After Ben and I got our eyes checked last month and ordered glasses from Costco. I came across this deal online for a free pair of prescription glasses. We had already gotten our glasses, but I thought it would be a good idea to get Ben a back up pair. The frames and prescription lenses are free. We paid to add the antiglare/scratch resistant coating to them and with shipping paid less than $40.

After seeing the world with my new glasses I thought I could get a free pair of prescription sunglasses. I wear sunglasses all the time when I'm outside. Why not have a nice pair that are prescription? So, I used my free code to get a pair of Nicole Miller prescription sunglasses. With shipping, I paid $43 for my new pair of shades.

I'm so happy with them. And even better news, Coastal Contacts is giving away more glasses tomorrow. You can go here for all the details. Very cool.

Speaking of glasses, David and Ben are in Phoenix right now for his follow up eye appointment. David just called to tell me how it went. Ben's right eye is working about 2 times better than it was last month with his glasses on. We are happy that the eye is working. But it is a lazy eye and we will need to start patching his good eye 5 hours every day. Wish us luck on that one.
***************
Do you notice how straight my hair is in that picture? I tried a new straightening product. I have some mad curls and it usually takes me about 30 minutes to blow it dry and get it straight. And it's never completely straight. I decided to try John Frieda 3 Day Straight (because I had a coupon) and let me tell you, the stuff is a dream.

It was super easy to blow dry my hair and it didn't try to kink up on me. Then, I flat ironed it and I'm very happy. It seems shinier, more shiny, shiniest, whatever. And I don't have any waves underneath which is my trouble area when it comes to getting my hair straight. So if you have crazy curls, give this a shot.

That's it for now. I'll rave some more next month.

1 comment:

Linda said...

You look like a movie star! Very pretty. :)

As for the coupons, I've pretty much given up on it.