Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday, Lovely Sunday

My Dad and Suzy came up for the day. But, this time they brought my Aunt Lela, cousin Melissa and Aunt Rosie. Aunt Rosie was visiting from California and I hadn't seen her since her wedding 18 months ago. Aunt Lela and Melissa live in Phoenix, but they had never been up here to our home.

Wait, that's a lie...Rosie and Aunt Lela came to visit Noah in the hospital.

Wow...when I was looking for that picture, I came across these. Noah was 4 hours old. I can't believe how small he was. David's ring could easily fit around his wrist and his arms and legs were the width and length of David's fingers.

This is Noah getting his first formula through a feeding tube. Do you see the measurement? It's about 1 1/2 ml, which is a little more than 1/4 of a teaspoon. I remember when I saw that for the first time I, that eating for two stuff is nonsense.

Anyway, modern medicine is amazing.

I digress...
It was wonderful to see all of them. Suzy came in armed with pasta, sauce and fixings for salad and kicked me out of the kitchen. She didn't have to kick very hard. I was more than happy to have the afternoon off.

My Dad was loving on Noah every chance he got. I don't know if Noah woke up from his naps or if my Dad decided he had napped long enough. In any case, I laid Noah down for a nap and about 32 minutes later, my Dad was carrying him down the hall saying he woke up. Too cute.

This is my gorgeous cousin, Melissa. She wants nothing more than to get married and have babies. She even works at a preschool and is going to school to be a teacher.

Here's Ben in the middle of one of his many costume changes.

Emily and Rosie became best buds. I don't call Rosie Aunt Rosie very often. She is a year older than my sister, so 6 years older than me and we grew up as sisters. She went on family vacations with us and everything.

Ben "read" everyone his Batman book.

Then, we had to say goodbye, much too soon. My kitchen belonged to me again, and I was bummed.

And David said goodbye to us as well, but just for about 7 hours. He is at a concert in Phoenix right now. So, that left me all alone with the 3 musketeers.

Since we ate a late lunch/early dinner, we decided to have popcorn and smoothies for a snack and watch a movie. My spot was right in the middle.

Noah was even enjoying Monsters Inc.

I gave Noah his first bath. Well, it wasn't his first bath, but it was the first time I had given him one. Yep, in 8 months. David does all the bathing in the house. I think I did an okay job. And after watching him kick his chubby legs all over, I will no longer wonder how David gets so much water on the floor. It's not David, it's the little man doing it. He looks innocent enough though.

I got all the kids in bed and was enjoying the silence. Then, Miss Manipulator came out of her room and said she had a great idea. She could sleep in Daddy's spot and when he comes home, she'll just move in the middle. This way she can finally sleep with me because she always wants to sleep with me.

I know that she is lying. She just wants to sleep with me, so she can see her Dad when he comes home.

It's all good. I don't even mind being sloppy seconds.


Linda said...

Such a great, fun visit!!! :) You have such a wonderful family and are so blessed indeed.

Glad you had a fun weekend.
Love, Linda

Sarah said...

family is what it's all about. glad you had a great time with yours.