Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One Night On, One Night Off

He looks like he couldn't possibly be very much trouble.


Yet he is! David and I have adopted a new theory for the nighttime madness. He takes a night. Then, I take a night. I was trying not to do this because David has to work all day. But, as he so sweetly pointed out, so do I. It's nice to have a husband who understands that staying home with the kids is a job, a very hard job.

Noah is getting up once maybe twice to eat, but then he gets stuck a few times a night also. He'll get his head jammed into a corner of the crib and he doesn't seem to know how to get out. I know as he gets stronger in the next few months, he'll figure it out. For now, he uses the method that works really well for him...scream and someone will come help me.

The one night on and one night off method is working out great. I just got a fantastic night of sleep, 10 hours...straight! Tonight might be a little rough, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow night already.

In the meantime, I should just learn to eat my toes.
It seems to keep Noah pretty happy.

2 comments:

Linda said...

This too shall pass.

Easier said than done when in the midst of it though. ♥ I had a horrible time with Sarah during the early years... uh, yes - "years". She screamed A LOT. No one seems to know this except me (and my parents, who were with her a lot). Yet, it passed and now there are those times when she screams at me as a teen. Oh the joys of parenthood. :)

Seriously though, I'm glad that you've come up with a system. Hope the need for the system passes in a bit as Noah continues to grow.

Anonymous said...

What I really want to know is where Noah got that T shirt. That is too cute... I hope the getting up at night for David doesn't make him cranky and then you'd have to deal with that too. But, I am so happy that you finally got to know what it is to sleep thorough the night again after all these months. I hope he finds his way out of the corners soon and that our little man, overtakes his big brother and becomes the best sleeper ever.♥
Love,
G