Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Favorite Things

Spring is officially here. Yes, it was snowing two days ago, but we always get one crazy out-of-the-blue snow in April. Now, we are ready for some sun.

And boy am I ready.
I have a new list of my favorite Spring things.

Sleep.
Noah has slept 10 1/2 - 12 hours for the past 2 nights. Now, I just need to train myself to sleep through the night again. I feel like a new person knowing that we are done with nighttime feedings. Can I get a Hallelujah? Hallelujah!

Slippers.
Last summer, I found these great slipper flip flops at costco. They are perfect for walking around the house. My pair from last year were disgusting, but I hated to throw them out as I had never seen the slipper flip flop in Phoenix. It's too hot there for any sort of slipper in the summer. It's bathing suits and bare feet. Anyway, up here the tile floor is always cool and I don't like it. But, look what I found last night at Costco. Emily wanted me to get the pink, so I did. I love, love, love these slippers.


Sandwich Thins
I discovered these little gems in the store one day. Oroweat sandwich thins, 100% wheat. We've tried the bagel thins which I thought were okay, but the oroweat ones are perfect for a sandwich. Both pieces of bread are only 100 calories, no corn syrup and have 5 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein, and only 2 grams of sugar. I'm digging tuna on these rolls for lunch these days.

Sun.
Do you see this view out my window today. That would be blue skies and almost 70 today. I'm going to sit right there with some tea and watch my husband mow the lawn.


And I can't enjoy this beautiful day on the computer, now can I?

2 comments:

amyraye said...

our costco sells the sandwich thins; maybe that's the store you were referring to, but just wanted to let you know.

Linda said...

Sarah and I discovered those sandwich thins a year or so ago and love them!! I haven't bought them in a while, but looked at them today at the store. My mind was on other things though.... which you know what that would be this afternoon as we awaited the results of tryouts... ;)

I'm glad spring is back for you - love your cute slipper flip flops and nicely painted toe nails. :)

Enjoy Spring.