Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm Published!

Well, sort of...

In the back of my mind I always thought what if someone hacked into blogspot and everything I have worked on for my kids was lost. If someone can get on Facebook, log in as me and post viruses, it could happen to blogspot and all my work could get erased.

A few weekends ago when everyone was sick and we were home bound, I decided to finally start working on turning my blog into a book. I used this web site which allows you to transfer your blog directly to their book editing software complete with pictures. I actually thought that I might have to copy and paste each entry. Silly me. I also had a 20% off coupon which expired mid-March, so that was extra motivation. I got both books with shipping and tax for $90. Not bad.

It took the better part of two weekends to edit all of it. I didn't reread every post, but I had to go on every page and adjust the layout and format of the pictures. As I was doing that, I got a glimpse of everything I have written and I'm so glad that I'm doing this for my kids. I would've loved to know how wonderful and rotten I was when I was five.












As a stay at home Mom, I sometimes feel like I don't accomplish much of anything for weeks on end. When David comes home from work and asks what I did today and my only response is, "I got all three bathrooms cleaned." It doesn't feel like much of an accomplishment.

When I look at my blog books, I realize that I'm accomplishing something every day, whether the bathrooms are clean or not.

I'm proud of myself.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I can hardly wait to see the finished product.They look like nice thick books. David must be so proud of you as well.It is truly amazing that you have written so much already. Can you imagine by the time the kids are grown you'll have a whole library of memories...That will be so much fun, the kids will be fighting over who gets what.☼
Love,
G

Holly and Bo said...

Isn't that the neatest thing?!? I was so happy when Bo bought that for me for Christmas. I too was fearful I would lose everything I had posted. I am trying to decide when to print one again...I like the idea of doing it by year. Where did you find the coupon?

amyraye said...

so jealous that you actually did it. i started the process, but it quickly overwhelmed me with my 380 blogposts from last year. i'm glad you were happy with your results. maybe it'll motivate me to get mine done.

and- where'd you get the coupon from?

Linda said...

I think this is super cool!! I also looked into those blog publishing sites, but received the error that my blog was too large and when I split it up into separate volumes it cost upwards of hundreds of dollars.

So... I think I'm going to have to look at some other option.

Sarah said...

i so want to do this! i am impressed that you got it all done. they look great.

Anonymous said...

Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes
Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes