Friday, April 23, 2010

Everyone's Happy

I think we have finally turned a corner. Last night was my off night with Noah, so David was on duty. David is a much more sound sleeper than I am. I wear ear plugs to bed, have a fan on for white noise, the door is shut and I can still hear a kid whimper on the other side of our 3,000 square foot home. David jokes that I'm like the bionic woman with my hearing. Sad, but he's right.

Noah likes to cry in his sleep. He gets stuck sometimes with his head in the corner and he'll cry. I'm up 6 times a night and by the time I walk in his room, he's asleep again. But, I can't turn off the monitor. I just can't. What if he REALLY needs me.

David sleeps on the sofa during his on night, so he can hear Noah and I can't in our room. Knowing that David is on duty helps me tune any noise out. I slept great last night. I even woke up at 6:30 and was ready to start the day. I didn't. I went back to sleep for an hour, but I was ready. And Noah...wait for it...wait for it...slept the entire night! From 8:20 to 6:50. David got up once because he was crying and just resituated him. He got up another time to make sure he was still breathing. But that's it. Our boy did it! 10 1/2 hours of sleep.

I'm turning the monitor down tonight to almost nothing. I refuse to get up anymore for every little cry when he is fine and obviously doesn't need a bottle.

I was feeling good. I was refreshed. I was ready to dust off the treadmill and exercise. Gulp. There I said it. It was only 30 minutes and I watched Project Runway, but it felt good. I felt good. Hoping this all continues.

Speaking of feeling good, look how happy the kids were to have some snowflakes falling. They both have little smiles on their faces.
***Yes, Ben went to pick up Emily at school dressed as Buzz Lightyear.



This was more like hail. The kids found it fascinating.


Ben had to catch a flake on his tongue.


Then, it was time for pajamas, Toy Story and hot chocolate. They are spoiled.


Ben told me to take a picture of him flying.


I love the little smirk on his face. Flying makes him happy.


Noah is sometimes all over the place when we try to feed him. The worst is when he puts his head down and won't open his mouth and he just plays with his bib or something. In an effort to keep his head up, David put Emily's flashing wand around his ear. It worked perfectly and I did the same trick this morning.


The other night I was craving something sweet after dinner. As Lilo says, "Stitch needs desserts." I often say that line when I'm feeling like I need a little something sweet. So, I hopped on over to The Pioneer Woman and pulled up this recipe for funnel cakes. It was a hit. But, seriously how much funnel cake can you eat before you feel ill? For me, about 1/4 of a cake. So, we made them again last night.


Noah didn't have funnel cake, but he did have some powdered sugar.


After 2 nights of funnel cakes, we still had batter left over. I knew we couldn't possibly have them again. So, I turned them into muffins. Pumpkin muffins. Seriously, I never thought I could just add some flour, sugar and a few other things and come up with something else. But, I did it! Top Chef here I come.

This was my first picture of the muffin. I don't know what happend, but it looks like a solar eclipse is happening in my kitchen.


That's better.


Ben has eaten three so far for lunch.


And do I care? Nope. Because we all know if Mama aint happy, nobody is happy.

And right now, Mama is very happy.

2 comments:

amyraye said...

it's amazing how much a solid night's sleep affects our day. your husband's a keeper.

Linda said...

Yea! This is such an enjoyable post to read :)

The photos are all great as usual, and how ingenious is David with that wand on his ear to keep Noah's attention! Love it.

I notice that it must not be very cold there when it snows - interesting.

I hope you have a very happy weekend as well.