Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bikes, The Attic and Why Emily Doesn't Want To Be A Mom.

When we lived in Phoenix, over 3 years ago, we bought this bike trailer used from a friend. We thought we would buy bikes for ourselves. It never happened.

We used the trailer as a stroller for the kids which worked great as they were too big for traditional strollers. I finally found bikes for David and I on Craigslist and we bought them. The kids love David taking them for a ride. Now, Noah needs to get a little bigger and he can go in there too. Talk about a workout for David.


David needed to check out something in the attic and the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever. They were dying to get up there. We had a cool attic when I was a kid and it had a built in ladder, so my friend and I would go up there all the time. We'd take blankets to cover the ply wood and we'd eat Lucky Charms and play sweet ginger brown.

For now, the kids just had fun walking around.
**Emily dressed herself. She will never be on Project Runway.


I think Santa will be storing presents up there this year as Emily is way too observant and there aren't a lot of hiding spots in our house.

Emily has been saying for awhile that she doesn't want to be a Mom when she grows up. I figure she sees how much work it is and decides it's too much. I tell her that's fine. She can be anything she wants. But, I never really knew why.

I finally found out the real reason she doesn't want to be a Mom. She told me she didn't want the doctor to cut her open (like he did to me) and take out a baby because all her bones would fall out. I told her that is not the normal way to have a baby. I pushed her and Ben out my vagina. To which she looked even more horrified and I'm sure she thought having her bones fall out was the better option.

We'll revisit the topic in a few years when she's gotten over the shock.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hahaha! The visuals for little kids is horrifying. Alex thought I pooped Amanda out!

Linda said...

I started reading this one previously when you posted it and I guess I forgot to comment. I think it's neat that you have an attic where the kids can stand up. We have a low roof line and our attic is only big enough to crawl through.

That's funny about Emily's comments - at least you're wonderful about it, I always have told Sarah she doesn't have a choice, as my only biological daughter - I need at least 5 Grandchildren please. :P Actually she says that she only wants boys and Chinese boys. She's always said that because she thinks little Asian children are so cute (they are) and so I guess she either plans to adopt or marry an Asian.

Anonymous said...

Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes
Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes