Friday, March 12, 2010

Sugar and Spice

Emily, my one and only daughter...she gives me laugh lines and stress wrinkles every day.





Here she is being sweet reading to Noah.


I'm so proud of my girl. She started Kindergarten as probably the youngest kid in the class, making the cutoff by one day. We weren't sure how she would do and thought instead of paying for and doing a third year of preschool, we'd give Kindergarten a shot. If she didn't do well, she could repeat it. She has done so well and we couldn't be more proud. Last week was Read Across America and she read the most books in her class. She was at 64 and the majority of those she read on her own. She's smart and very competitive.

She also refuses to eat anything but the marshmallows out of the Lucky Charms. I told you she was smart. They should just sell a box of those marshmallows forget the oats.


She can be very helpful. Here she is pushing Ben on the swing.


Today she was trying to teach him how to pump his own swing and he was starting to get it. I love when they are sweet and get along.


Then, he got mud on his power ranger and she told him to lick it off. Thank God I was supervising and I told him not to. Then, she mischievously says, "Why not? I like mud." What does she get him to do when I'm not around? I don't want to know.

And this scene, looks like nothing but trouble and I know who the ringleader is.


Garth Brooks has a song that sums her up perfectly...
She's sun and rain.
She's fire and ice.
A little crazy, but it's nice...
(then something about making love, but we won't go there)
...She's anything but typical.
She's so unpredictable.
But even at her worse she aint that bad.

That's our girl.
And we love her just as she is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

competitive,h-m-m-m-m-m I wonder where she gets that...smart and cute and funny...what a combination.I hope David has a gun by the front door for he will need it in a few years to keep the boys away..XOXOXO Auntie Barb

Linda said...

Yep, we know a thing or two about lots of boys coming around, lol, so beware ;)

Emily is adorable and that's so great that she read all of those books!!! Way to go!!! ☼

Glad you're feeling better today as well.
Love, Linda

pam said...

Sounds just like another girl I know. ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sister ;)
--katfe

Anonymous said...

As always Emily is #1. Of course that is our opinion♥. I am so proud of her reading success. All the hundreds of books you read with her helped for sure. Even though as she said she was just looking at them. See you all soon.☼
Love,
G.