Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Moviestar

Several years ago, my mother and father in law sent me money for my birthday. I chose to splurge and bought a fashionable pair of Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses. They were brown tortoise shell and had "D&G" in gold on the sides. They looked super cute and I liked to think the "D&G" stood for "David and Gina". I took really good care of them and always placed them in their protective pouch.

Then, I had babies. And my beautiful designer sunglasses got thrown in the huge purse that doubled as a diaper bag. And the protective pouch stored cheerios instead of my precious D&G's. Last year, they got really scratched and I could no longer where them. I felt a loss.

I couldn't justify spending that kind of money again. So, I went to Walmart and bought the most fashionable pair I could find. They cost $5. They did the job and I didn't mind if they got sandwiched at the bottom of my diaper purse between a sippy cup and an emergency stash of suckers.

I put them on yesterday and thought I had a bunch of mascara marks from my eyelashes. I tried to clean them. Gasp. That's not mascara. My $5 pair of sunglasses were all scratched. I did not feel a loss.

I knew just what I had to do. I went to Walmart.

The $5 spinning rack now was $10. This darn economy. So, I tried on several pairs and asked Ben what he thought. I knew I had found the right pair when Ben gasped and said, "Wow, you look like a moviestar." Sold.

We got to the car and I quickly peeled of the stickers, so I could where them. I was digging my new sunglasses and feeling like a moviestar driving my mini van.


I went to pick up Emily at school. The Kindergarten parents have to form a line and wait to sign out and pick up the kids. I'm chatting away feeling like a moviestar in my new sunglasses. The other Moms were particularly interested in my stories today and smiling at me. It must be the sunglasses I thought.

Then, I got my daughter and we went to the van. Now, Emily doesn't miss a thing and noticed my new glasses right away. I'm sure she thought I looked like a moviestar. But instead of a compliment, she asked why my glasses had an "S and 10" on them.

I thought she must be crazy. Until, I pulled them off my face to look at them. There wasn't an "S and 10", but I had left the $10 price tag sticker right on the front of them.



Moviestar or dork?
(Please don't answer that, I already know.)

4 comments:

Linda said...

OMG, this is hilarious!!!!! :D

♥ At least YOU look GREAT in sunglasses even with the price on them though!! I really don't like sunglasses because none of them ever look right on me, so I rarely ever wear them, unless absolutely necessary in the car. I truly just do look like a dork in them.

amyraye said...

nothing screams moviestar like a $10 pricetag. :)

Amy said...

hysterical! When I was doing the whole diaper bag thing, I would by my sunglasses at the dollar store (and get 4 or 5 at a time). Now I've graduated up to the cute little purse and the $12.99 glasses from Target.

Anonymous said...

Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes
Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes