Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Just Like Butter

I was putting the final touches on our pot roast dinner. The kids were hungry, so they were already helping themselves to some french bread with butter. Ben wanted a second piece, so Emily said she would get it for him.

It didn't dawn on me that she might not know that less is more.


I shrieked when I saw the mountain of butter which made her a little angry. She thought she was doing a good job. Maybe, but only at giving her brother a heart attach at the age of four.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! The greatest act of kindness that "kills". Emily looks so cute with that beautiful braid. I can hardly wait to see all of you again soon. ☼
Love,
G.

Linda said...

This is so sweet and funny! :)

It's also funny to me because I was just considering writing a quick blog about Sarah who has taken a liking for dipping french bread in a little plate of olive oil with parmesan cheese and black pepper. I found this funny because she's like the "cosmopolitan teenager". And then I come here to your blog and see your post about bread and butter. I love the coincidences :)