Saturday, March 27, 2010

Easy To Please

I'll admit it. I go to yard sales. I'm not a die hard, but I do get excited when I see a sign in my neighborhood. I started when I got pregnant with Noah. We had sold all of our baby clothes thinking we were done having kids. I could not justify spending hundreds of dollars on a new wardrobe for a baby. They grow so fast and sometimes wear things once or not at all.

I stated yard saling and I was amazed at the decent quality stuff. Onesies from Old Navy, sweaters from Children's Place, a romper from the Gap, all for 50 cents or at the most $1.00. There was even tons of stuff for Emily and Ben. Now there are some tricks to yard saling that I learned quickly. You have to go on Friday morning to get the good stuff. By Saturday, it's picked over. Stick to the best (most expensive) neighborhoods in the area. Just makes sense that they are getting rid of the best stuff.

There are two ladies in our subdivision that have daughters who are a size or two above Emily. They both have a few yard sales a year and I always stop. I fill up two grocery bags full of clothes, pajamas, leotards and shoes for about $20. My shopping is done for her for the upcoming season.

Yesterday, one of those moms had their yard sale. My friend Dakri spotted it first and since her daughter is the same age as Emily, she stopped and loaded up. She called to tell me about it because that's what frugal friends do. I had just put Noah down for a nap at 8:45 and knew that I wouldn't be able to go for hours. I like a sale, but I'm certainly not going to wake up a sleeping baby to get a skort for 50 cents.

My sweet friend came right over and stayed at my house with a sleeping Noah while I went to the yard sale. She's got my back. Ben even wanted to stay here with her. Both kids usually enjoy going because they get to pick one small toy (max price $1.00) and they think it's fantastic.

At one yard sale, I found this Batman shirt. I knew it was a size too big for Ben and it was missing the cape, but I had to get it. Plus the lady threw it in for free because I also bought 3 pairs of Old Navy shorts for $3.00, nice plaid shorts with the sinch in button waist. He was so excited when he saw the shirt he squealed, "Thanks Mom! You're the best!" I used one of my old shirts to make him a cape. I just need to get some velcro and sew it on. For now, it is safety pinned and he couldn't be happier.




Isn't this picture the best? The shirt may have been free, but he feels like a million bucks.


Emily was tickled pink when she put on her new Barbie nightgown.


I know in a few years, Emily and Ben will be repulsed and embarrassed that I buy clothes at yard sales, so I'm taking advantage of it now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, Here it is Monday morning and I was thinking you must have posted this last night(Sunday)as I had checked your blog yesterday afternoon around 5 and it was still the Movie star magic item and suddenly this a.m. I see this post and it says it was posted on Sat. I think that is really weird and no, you are never a Dork and besides that I love how you make your kids, self,and pocketbook happy all at the same time. ☼
Love,
G.

Anonymous said...

Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes
Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes