Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Childhood Home

My mother in law sent us this website that I had so much fun with. It's basically like google earth, but it doesn't require a download to your computer. It's just a web page, but you can search any address and take a look at the area. We even looked around at the little town, San Fili, that my Dad is from in Italy. He couldn't find his old home because he wasn't 100% of the street name. It would've been fun to see where they lived and how their donkey lived in the basement. It still brought back memories though and he told me a story about how he almost got hit by a bus outside of the town square that we were looking at.

Here is the link to my childhood home.
It starts on the north side of the street, so you have to pan around to the south side. That was my home with the red SUV in the driveway.

And if you look to the house on the left of my home, you see the other home that I lived in. We moved when I was in Jr. High to the house next door. Crazy, right? We had sold our home with intentions of moving to this beautiful home on the golf course. The guy we were buying it from had some tax problems, so he needed to wait on the sale for a few months. In the meantime, my Dad started looking at businesses since he had some cash from the sale of our home. Long story short, he bought a Dunkin Donuts and my grandmother who lived in New York and owned and rented the house next door to us, told us to move in to that home. So we did.

If you have some time to burn today, check out your childhood home. It's amazing what a difference 20 years can make.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yep, I love this. Of course, I've already looked at my childhood homes many times on this and various similar tools and have been back to them at various times of life as well. Even in them - the one in Orland Park, that at least still looks like a home, the current owners are so friendly - they even invited us inside to look around. The most amazing thing at that time was that Mom's drapes were still hanging in the living room after all of those many years. :D

This is neat - your houses looked nice!

Anonymous said...

Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes
Gucci
Replica GUCCI SHOES
Replica GUCCI handbags
wholesale gucci shoes
cheap Gucci shoes
cheap Gucci handbags
discount gucci shoes
Gucci shop
Gucci bags
Gucci shoes
Gucci ON sale
Gucci Belts
Gucci small accessories
Gucci hats & scarves
Gucci wallets
Gucci Handbags
women Gucci shoes
Men Gucci shoes