Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rain Day

We have been getting back to back storms here (Prescott Valley, AZ) since Monday. Last night, I woke up to feed Noah and watched the snow fall. It was a nice quiet moment, until the cat attacked my leg. Cabin fever. I threw him outside. Snow isn't really wet.

We only got about an inch of snow. Now it's raining. School got cancelled today. They are calling it a snow day, but it isn't due to the 1 inch of snow on the ground. It's a rain day for the rain and snow that is expected to come. I imagine they don't want 600 kids to be stuck at school later this afternoon.

They are anticipating that this will be a historical storm for us, with up to 6 inches of rain followed by 6 inches of snow. This is Arizona, we sometimes don't see that much precipitation in a year. Many creeks may flood including one in Prescott. You can read about it here. They are already evacuating some homes.

Right now, David drove into Prescott for work and said the snow is just coming down hard. He's going in to cancel the interviews that were set up for today and then driving to Prescott Valley where it's a little lower elevation. If it gets too bad, he will head home and work from here for the rest of the day.

Here is our front yard from this morning.




The snow is too slushy to play in and it's raining, so we'll be inside all day.

I'll be hanging out with...
This funny boy. He saw the snow this morning and exclaimed, "It's back!"



And this crazy girl. I told her that she didn't have school today and she said, "Yippee!"


And this huggable baby. He didn't say anything about the snow, but he does like watching the fire.


My dear sweet husband went out this morning with our enormous ladder and wiped the snow off the satellite dish for me. God, I love that man more than words can express. He may have just saved my sanity today.

The rain just turned to snow....

I'm going to get the fireplace going and make us bacon and pancakes for breakfast. Oh, and entire pot of coffee. I think I'll need it.

Anyone want to come over?

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hooray for you!!! A wonderful snow day! :D Everything sounds inviting and I'd love to just be stuck inside today.

Here, a lot of our snow is gone, but we had an ice storm in our town yesterday. I say "in our town" because it literally stayed north of where I work. In our town, everything is covered in ice and then I drive 30 minutes south to where I work and they have nothing. That's how the weather often goes here in Illinois.

I hope you have a great day and safe driving for David!! :)

Anonymous said...

Never thought of cooking bacon and pancakes on the fireplace.... ;-)